Documents When Travelling with Minor Child without My Spouse


In Canada, normally a child who is under the age of 18 is considered minor child. Minor children need related documents when they travel or travel with adults.

Here we try to collect information which are about what documents an adult must have when he/she is travelling with minor child without the spouse.

From Canadian Government website, we can get information as following:

Note: The adult here should be minor children’s one parent or guardian.

1: A copy of the child’s birth certificate
2: A letter of authorization signed by the parent who is not travelling, containing their address and telephone number, in English or French if possible, and
3: A photocopy of the non-accompanying parent’s signed passport or national identity card

For the authorization letter which is mentioned above No. 2, we find out a Canadian government released consent letter template.

Recommended consent letter for children travelling abroad.

Canadian government released a consent letter template for children travelling abroad.